Since this a two-way, live Cast, we want to make sure that you can be seen and heard clearly. Below you will find the required equipment, as well as recommendations, to participate in a Cast.
Your main device needs to be a desktop or laptop equipped with the following:
- External Webcam - Logitech C920 (or similar device)
- Microphone - MXL AC404 USB (or similar device)
- Speakers - TV built-in speakers or external computer speakers
- Display - Large monitor, TV or projector
- Lighting - Adequate room lighting
- A stable internet connection - A wired connection is preferred. We recommend a download speed of 10 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps. Test your speed at speedtest.net.
To ensure you and the other Cast participants have the best experience possible, we recommend upgrading your equipment.
- Good: MXL AC404 USB
- Better: Built-in microphone on Logitech Connect or Logitech Meet
Because the specs of every room are different, Geniecast is happy to make equipment recommendations once we have had the opportunity to review your room, specs and perform a virtual walkthrough.
Disclaimer: Geniecast is in no way endorsing or promoting these brands or items. We are merely representing which ones work best with our services based on independent research. All marks are owned by their respective owners and we are not using any of the marks for commercial, endorsement or promotion purposes, but merely to indicate functionality.