The room needs to be able to see, hear and speak with the Genie, and the Genie needs to be able to see, hear, and speak with the room. Using only a laptop’s internal camera, microphone, and speakers will not provide an ideal experience.
- Main Device - Desktop or laptop
- External Webcam - Logitech BCC950 (minimum) or Aver CAM520 (upgrade)
- Microphone - MXL AC404 USB or Blue Yeti (minimum) or Yamaha YVC 1000 with the ability to link up to 5 extender mics (upgrade)
- Speakers - TV speakers or built-in room speakers
- Display - TV or projector (if using a projector and built-in room speakers are not available, external speakers will be needed for the participants to hear)
- Lighting - Adequate room lighting
- Internet - A wired connection is preferred, but stable, private WiFi works too. We recommend a download speed of 10 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps. Test your speed at speedtest.net.
Setup and Join the Cast
- Connect the laptop to the TV or projector via HDMI cable
- Position the camera at the front center of the room and connect to the laptop
- Position the microphone at the front center of the room and connect to the laptop
- Click on the link in your invitation to join the Cast
- After joining, select the correct camera, microphone, and speakers in the settings
Because the specs of every room are different, Geniecast is happy to make equipment recommendations once we have had the opportunity to review your room, specs and perform a virtual walkthrough.
Disclaimer: Geniecast is in no way endorsing or promoting these brands or items. We are merely representing which ones work best with our services based on independent research. All marks are owned by their respective owners and we are not using any of the marks for commercial, endorsement or promotion purposes, but merely to indicate functionality.