Since this a two-way, live Cast, we want to make sure that you can be seen and heard clearly. Below you will find the required equipment, as well as recommendations, to participate in a Cast.
Your main device needs to be a desktop or laptop equipped with the following:
- External Webcam
- HD external webcam purposed for large rooms (Logitech PTZ Pro2 or similar device)
- To be plugged into the computer hosting the Geniecast
- To be placed at the front of the room facing the audience. If that's not possible, place the camera in the corner of the room for the Genie to see a wider viewing angle.
- At least 1 microphone with the ability to carry the audio signal to the computer hosting the Geniecast.
- At least 1 microphone for ambient noise so the Genie can hear laughter and applause.
- NOTE: When using a soundboard make sure it is set up with a mix minus.
- Speakers - TV built-in speakers or external computer speakers
- Display - Large TV or projector
- Lighting - Adequate room lighting
- A stable internet connection - A wired connection is preferred. We recommend a download speed of 10 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps. Test your speed at speedtest.net.
To ensure you and the other Cast participants have the best experience possible, we recommend upgrading your equipment.
- Microphone and Speaker System
- Webcam, Microphone, and Speaker All-in-One System
Because the specs of every room are different, Geniecast is happy to make equipment recommendations once we have had the opportunity to review your room, specs and perform a virtual walkthrough.
Disclaimer: Geniecast is in no way endorsing or promoting these brands or items. We are merely representing which ones work best with our services based on independent research. All marks are owned by their respective owners and we are not using any of the marks for commercial, endorsement or promotion purposes, but merely to indicate functionality.