Since this a two-way, live Cast, we want to make sure that you can be seen and heard clearly. Below you will find the required equipment, as well as recommendations, to participate in a Cast.
Your main device needs to be a desktop or laptop equipped with the following:
- HD webcam purposed for large rooms. (Logitech PTZ Pro 2 or similar device)
- To be plugged into the computer hosting the Geniecast.
- Camera placed at front of room, facing audience. Can also be placed in corner of room for Genie to see wider viewing angle.
- At least 1 microphone with ability carry audio signal to computer hosting the Geniecast.
- PA System or similar loud enough for all attendees to hear
- Note: Audio signal may be picked up by microphone. Please see our recommendation for solution.
- Large TV(s) or projection screen(s)
- Adequate room lighting
- A stable internet connection
- A wired connection is preferred
To ensure you and the other Cast participants have the best experience possible, we recommend upgrading your equipment.
- Third Party AV Support (PTZOptics-20x-SDI PTZ IP Streaming Camera or similar)
- Third Party AV Support
- Stationary microphone for ambient room noise.
- Multiple wireless microphones for audience to communicate with Genie.
- Microphones should be ran through sound mixer and signal directed back into computer.
- Third Party AV Support highly
- PA system should be set up for optimal audio experience.
- Audio signal from computer should be ran from computer, into sound mixer, and out to PA.
- Lighting should be adequate for Genie to see audience.
Because the specs of every room are different, Geniecast is happy to make equipment recommendations once we have had the opportunity to review your room, specs and perform a virtual walkthrough.
Disclaimer: Geniecast is in no way endorsing or promoting these brands or items. We are merely representing which ones work best with our services based on independent research. All marks are owned by their respective owners and we are not using any of the marks for commercial, endorsement or promotion purposes, but merely to indicate functionality.