You need to be able to see, hear, and speak with the Genie, and the Genie needs to be able to see, hear, and speak with you. If you don't want the Genie to be able to see you, you can turn off your video or dial-in by phone (audio only).
Your main device should be a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone equipped with:
- Microphone - Internal microphone (minimum) or Apple EarPods/ similar (upgrade)
- Speakers - Internet speakers (minimum) or Apple EarPods/ similar (upgrade)
- Webcam - Internal camera (minimum) or Logitech C920 (upgrade)
- Adequate Lighting - Make sure the strongest light source comes from in front of you. If you have too much light behind you, you'll appear as a silhouette.
- Internet connection - A wired (Ethernet) connection is preferred, but stable WiFi works too. We recommend a minimum of 10 Mbps download speed and 5 Mbps upload speed. Test your speed at www.speedtest.net.
Disclaimer: Geniecast is in no way endorsing or promoting these brands or items. We are merely representing which ones work best with our services based on independent research. All marks are owned by their respective owners and we are not using any of the marks for commercial, endorsement or promotion purposes, but merely to indicate functionality.